Friday, June 21, 2013

Sunday
 went to a workshop about making animations and how it can be effectively and creatively used.  It was rather lacking in depth on how these animations and technology is being used.  I did like how we  had paper cutouts of various things in order to create an advertisement through slides. It was interesting to be able to work with other people and gain some insight in to the development of an ad.  Before, I really no idea how they even begun to brainstorm or start an ad.  This was one of my favorite experiences because of how it got me to thinking about the behind the scenes process.  I also saw Nick Cannon, Martha Stewart and Mel B.  As expected, they did not provide too much valuable insight into advertising or anything I was really interested but Nick Cannon and Martha Stewart talked about branding and associating your name with an entire brand.  They both were interesting in that they did create a name for themselves and had an active role in creating an image.  This seminar would have been very useful for someone looking into PR with celebrities.
I stayed to see the the presentation on the London 2012 paralympics game.  I found the way they portrayed the paralympic athletes to be very effective in dignifying their image and eliminating any stigma.  The commercial the team put together i found to be one of the most effective I saw during the course of the festival.  The middle part where they showed the source of the athletes' disabilities and how it was of little consequence to them throughout their competition, was exactly how they needed to be portrayed.

No comments:

Post a Comment